Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Duke's 5 weeks now

The time is flying!
We had a great week. Duke FINALLY lost his umbilical stump at 31 days! It was driving Mommy way more crazy than Duke.
He started smiling right when he turned 4 weeks and woah, can that melt your heart. Just this morning I had him in the Moby while I did some dishes and I looked down to catch him gazing at me and smiling (I cried a little). SO cool! It also is a nice way for Daddy to leave for work in the morning when he gets his baby to smile at him on the way out the door.
I started running again and oh how I have missed it. Did 6 miles of mostly walk/jog on Monday and did a faster 6 miles today with more jogging. I plan to do this at least 3 times per week and try to get SOME sort of fitness back.

Our photographer sent me all the newborn pics she took of Duke so I am going to share some of them now. Debra with Brand New Soul Photography is amazing!! You can check out her stuff at:

2 comments:

Blyth Family Blog said...

those pics made me smile. TOO CUTE! I love that you are running so soon, such a bad ass mama!!

Stacey V said...

Thanks Meg! Having fun being a mama!